Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Monday 3 September 2012

Week 35 – Rest and Relaxation

I was so rested and relaxed this week I didn’t get time to do my challenge. 

Well, sort of anyway.  I’ve made lots of changes over the past few weeks and part of those changes has been the added responsibility of long distance caring for my father.  But more importantly the changes I am making have added more to my day….. gym, Heal your life workshop, looking after dad and keeping in touch with my sister’s friends on top of soccer manager and getting a promotion at work.   

I’ve always been a strong believer of relaxing…. Actually I probably relaxed too much in the past. Now I am all about balance.
With so much on my plate at the  moment rest and relaxation are very important. That is why I have chosen Samsara as my gym – it is a very peaceful, caring and empowering environment that I feel relaxed even when I am doing my cardio and strength work out.

I’ve been thinking about what I am going to commit to ………
There are a lot of things I could commit to but I think that the one thing, the important thing is to commit to myself and I’ve started doing that.  It is the small change I’ve made but a very important one.

I am looking after myself, I am forgiving myself and more importantly I am doing things for me,  not only for everyone else.

http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/simplify-your-beauty-routine/
Time for change
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. "I am doing things for me, not only for everyone else". Powerful and very important words. This is a wonderful post that radiates strength and peace. We much look after ourselves in order to be able to care for others. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic post. You are going through so much and will be for some time. You are the most important thing and it is so nice to read that. Your gym sounds like the perfect place xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for dropping by and your supportive words. It is tough but it has also been an eye opener and I am definately looking after myself and its all about relaxing..... take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Samsara sounds like such a lovely place. Committing to yourself first is an amazing step and I think everything else will fall into place. Congratulations on your promotion at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post Rita. You have come a long way this year during these challenges. Doing things for you is awesome! Especially for a Mum who is used to putting others first.

    ReplyDelete