Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday 18 February 2012

52 Week Challenge - Week 7

52 Week challenge,  Week 7 – Vision Board

I’ve read the challenge, checked out Deb’s (http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/simplify-your-life-week-seven-creating-a-vision-board/) tips and vision board and then promptly did nothing until the Friday.  I should stop being so hard on myself – this week work has been very busy and I’ve worked three 12 hour days so really I haven’t have time to think of anything else. 

Work is now under control and I’ve had time to breathe and think about what I want for my vision board. I’ve been flicking through magazines, looking at quotes and imagining what my vision board would look like.  At work on Friday I found a large piece of cardboard (being thrown out) so I snaffled it.

Walking back to the car after work, struggling with bags, umbrella and the cardboard LOML asked me about the cardboard.  After discussing my challenge for this week and explaining what a vision board was LOML’s suggestion was to draw two eyes on the cardboard (that’s all, nothing else). I suppose if one stretches the imagination - yes he is right, actually as I type these words I think he might have something and I will include a picture of an eye.  Looking to the future, keeping and eye on things and a good reminder of my vision.  Sometimes I don’t give him enough credit – instead of talking to him about my challenges or other things in my life I have a preconceived idea that “he won’t be open or interested in any of my new age ideas”.  Maybe I should stop thinking that he won’t change and share my journey with him, who knows it may help the both of us.

Ok back to business – my goals, my family statement and my wheel of life shows that to me the following is very important (not in any particular order):

Health, Peacefulness, Respect, Spirituality, Honesty, Integrity, Understanding and Sincerity, Dependability, Being ourselves, Me, Weight reduction, Further education, Family, Holiday together, spending time together, Home, Cleaning house, Yard, Pergola, De Cluter, Career and Promotion. A couple of others that have come to light as I type this list – Friendships, Happiness and responsiveness.

So many words so little space.  Maybe I should organise them into categories and de clutter?

I’ve spent the last couple of hours flipping through magazines, checking out google and planning what I want to include on my vision board.  Yet again it was a challenge that I wasn’t looking  forward to, I have good ideas but I’m not that crafty and the end product doesn’t  often match up with what I want the project to be. But I must say in this case I am more than happy with my end product.  Actually I really enjoyed this challenge.  I think I am just going to have to trust Deb and realise her challenges are really good and more than that are really good for me.

So my vision board includes a couple of extra things – butterflies and references to mothers both of which are very important to me. I’ve also included an affirmation:

Today I will take charge of my life and make changes that I need to do, in order to be healthy, organised, happy and at peace. Today is a new day, it is the present not the past nor the future. I am well and calm, all is well in my world.

I’ve found a good place to hang my vision board – in the kitchen under the cork board and as the wallpaper on my phone so I can see it everyday.

Here is my vision board (a few different views to make sure I get everything in)









A great reminder of what I want for my family and for me, now I have to put all my good work into practice and make it happen.






8 comments:

  1. Great vision board. It's a great affirmation too. Really true! I love the idea of putting it as your phone wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Bec, I had lots of fun creating the vision board. I look forward to checking out your. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting that together after 3 12 hour shifts at work! I like the 'escape for your wellbeing' quote - so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by. yes it was a very busy week but it felt so good doing something for me and I found some really great information that has helped me to put me on the right track for reaching my goals. I also really like "all things grow with love". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita I love that quote!!!! Your vision board is beautiful and I'm sure looks great on your wall!!! I had a chuckle when your husband offered some thoughts and you kind of shrugged him off - I was doing the same with my husband, until I actually realized that "we" might both enjoy and benefit from this challenge if only I opened up to him and shared it with him!!!!! And yes I like the idea of eyes on the vision board it is very clever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paula, I don't give LOML enough credit. Funny thing is he knows me best and after 28 years of Marriage you would think I'd realise that. Thanks so much for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic effort Rita - love the board and your hubby chiming in ... Where is the affirmation from - i love it and want to add it to my quotes.

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Deb, I enjoyed making the board and I actually check it out each time I walk past it. The quote is from Angel Inspiration (a FB page). Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete