Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

52 Week Challenge - Week 1

What I grateful for in 2011

Hello and welcome to my first ever blog.
I've started the new year by challenging myself.  Part of that challenge is to get organised and to get my family back on track. I found this wonderful place (52 week challenge) http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/ and I've decided to take this challenge.

The first challenge is what I am grateful for in 2011.  I thought it would be a simple task with one or two things but a funny thing happened when I started looking back, I found that I was grateful for many things.

Deb from the 52 week challenge asked a few questions to help get the ball rolling:
What energised you?  Writing my book.
What made you feel happy? Being loved.
What made you feel at peace? Knowing what I am doing.
What positive people lifted you up?  There are many people that have lifted me up. (A,K,S,T)
What filled your “tank”? I find this really hard to answer, Family, being loved and being needed is very important to me. Doing something that is makes feel I've value added. Not the best answer I know but well sometimes the true doesn't always sound great.
What worked to bring your family together? Communication
What is something that made you feel excited to dive right in? Writing my book
What did you learn (positive things)? Just do it. Don’t think about what others think of you if you want to do it just do it.
Now for the had stuff: What are you grateful for? (not in any particular order)
That my husband (LOML)and I are a lot closer and getting closer all the time. Times were a bit bleak but we muddled through it and we came through it with flying colours. Who would have thought we after 28 years we'd fall in love again.
My son (Merman) is going really well and we communicate. I am very proud of him - he is one of the good guys.
I feel mum is close by and I am going to look for her signs more.
I am happy how my sisters and I get on, I respect them and enjoy their company.
I am working in a job I feel good about and l like .
I am looking to myself for happiness and not relying on others.
I am putting fun back into my life.
 I am grateful for LOML's diagnosis and the chance for us to fix it and to live a better life.
I am glad I am getting closer to Dad.
I wrote a book and am working on another one.
I learnt that I can achieve what I want to and that I should have confidence in myself.
I appreciate that I have looked inside and seen that I don’t need drink or food (too much of) to be happy.

I really appreciate my friendships with K and A both of them inspire and motivate me in different ways.  I am so glad D, M, Y, L and S are in my life.
So there you have it. What I am grateful for.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! Great first post! You certainly do have some great stuff to feel good about. Writing a book is an awesome achievement! Looking forward to joining you on SYL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Bobbie, I am so excited about SYL and 2012. I think it will be a great year, I am looking to meeting new friends and sharing in the many successes. Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Rita and i love that after 28 years you and your husband have fallen back in love. I have written on my blog how my PND created a huge rift in my marriage and it is only now 6 years later we are even close to finding our path back together (have been together 17 years. I think many people figure marriage is all or nothing - it is great or you let go and have nothing. the trick is to see if you can find a way back to the great and use the bad times to strengthen your marriage over the long haul. I hope to be someone who achieves that.

    Here's to a great 2012 (and by the way - is your book published? can we check it out? - i am thrilled to hear you write as I want to write books as well in the future)

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, thanks. YesYou are right marriage is an all or nothing gig. Sometimes it just doesn't work and thats ok but in my case I knew my hubby (LOML)was the one, is my soul mate so I just knew I couldn't give up on us. I also know that I was also a big part of the problem. I looked into my heart and found I couldn't be without him so I am going what it takes to make the marriage work and so is he. Thanks for asking about my book. Unfortunately it isn't published but I am trying to get it published (wow it is hard work. I've entered into a competition and hopefully it will do ok.
    I am over weight (obese) and I have struggled with getting my head around weight loss. That's what my book is about "live life like a slim person". it is looking back to move forward - finding out your self beliefs, why you do things and then change them if you need to. It won't tell you how many sit ups to do or how many calories to eat, what I was aiming for was getting your mindset right to reduce weight so you can live a happy healthy life.
    getting a book published is so hard but I must say if you have a following it is much easier to sell it to publishers.
    I suppose writting the book was much more of challenge for me to complete,something for me - a journal really well thats how it started but in month 24 chapters had flowed out of me and friends suggested I should get it published. I'm not too concerned if it doesn't get published for me writing down my journey and exploring 'the mindset' was very important for me. I am still on the journey and still have lots to get rid of.
    I am so excited about the 52 week challenge - I think this is fantastic. It is the first time in a long time I am really excited about the new year. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita,
    I really enjoyed your blog!!! I'm new to the world of blogging and as I read your post about what your grateful for made me think of my mum- you phrase things like she does, I actually felt like I knew you!!!
    Pop by my blog for a giggle - http://runninginmyhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Thank you so much. OMG isn't this exciting. I feel so excited like a whole new world has opened up for me. the first thing I did this morning was to check my comments and I found your lovely comment. It brought a tear to my eye - Thank you. I was (and still feel) very close to my mum (she was taken from us over 5 years) and for me your comments really resonated with me and made me feel really good. I love writing and I know that my blog will definitely be getting a regular work out. Take care and I look forward to following your blog.
    PS I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved this post! there is nothing wrong or 'not great answerish' about recognising the desire to feel loved and needed... Its something many of us feel and probably never acknowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lyndaal, thanks for your support. cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rita - thanks for dropping by my post. I thought I must come and have a look at yours and I am glad I did. What a list of achievements you mastered in 2011 and I am sure there are many more for you in 2012. Like you I have never blogged before and am enjoying the opportunity to dabble a little with a framework. I cannot imagine the discipline and motivation you must have to have written a book! Looking forward to popping by here as our journey continues with the SYL challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "lifelesslee" Thanks so much for your comments. It is really great to see so many people connecting and enjoying each others posts. have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete