Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Monday 22 October 2012

Week 42 – Friendships

Ah friendships, they come in all shapes and sizes – good for you and bad for you.  This is another area I have been changing in my life. Yes so many changes and here I go with a few more.

Friendships come and go as we go through the different changes in our lives so do the friendships. Over the past year my best friend and I have gone different ways – we both changed and no longer think about things the same way. We both changed. Neither one was right but more importantly neither one was wrong. It was just different.
All of a sudden I didn’t want to spend time with her – well it was when I did spend time with her it wasn’t enjoyable. Actually it was annoying. It took me a while to realise it was ok to move forward and without her.

So here I am friendless (BFF is now just a distant memory). Friendless is a bit harsh, I do have other friends just not a BFF………
I’ve made some new friends, found some new interests but something was still missing – that was until yesterday. I was invited to a card making party.  Card making – ok I didn’t think that I’d enjoy it but I thought well give it a go and meet new people.  Well blow me down  if I didn’t really enjoy it and have a blast. I met some really nice people and found a new hobby. Woo hoo.  Big tick to the first part of the challenge.

I took this one in my stride too and called a friend and we are catching up on Thursday. I’ve never really had any problems with this one.  It is something I do best, but not as much as I should. So my challenge will be to connect more.
Friendships lost and friendships gained. Looking back to move forward I know the people I want to be with and I will seek them out. http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/holidays-visions-expectations/

1 comment:

  1. Oh how awesome Rita! Well done on giving the card making a go and meeting new friends.

    ReplyDelete