Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Week 33 - Moving my body

I really need this, I have to do this. Now is the time. Actually now is overdue but I can’t go back and change things – the past is the past and for the future I want I need to get my act together now.
So now it is.
And now more than ever NOW is so very important to me.  Four weeks ago today my sister passed away. Four weeks ago today my life changed forever.  With all the sadness, with all the massive changes and with all my tears there has to be some positive changes too and this is the promise I make now – there will be changes and they will be positive. I need to take better care of myself and I will.
I am nearly 49 years old and overweight, unfit and generally unhealthy but not only my body my thoughts need an overhaul. I have started working on my mind – actually I’ve been working at it for a while and being part of Deb’s SYL has been a major part of the changes. I am also taking part in a 10 week heal your life workshop (which is fantastic and I highly recommend). So my mind is getting on track, I am simplifying my life – decluttering my headspace to leave room for the positives and finding the affirmations to help me to a better place.
Now for the body………….
I’ve done it all Jenny Craig, Gloria Marshall, Beer diet, weight watchers, Fernwood, swimming, walking, fun runs and the list goes on but nothing worked.  Even wrote a book about losing weight but didn’t lose the weight.  I know what to do – but just don’t do it. Something always gets in the way.  I am figuring it out and I know it is about feeling safe and protected, my headspace work is getting to the bottom of this but I also need to work on the physical side of things.
Everything happens for a reason…….  This is the only way I can explain the devastation that has occurred in the last four weeks (at the moment nothing else makes sense to me).
Last week I didn’t feel like cooking so after dropping Merman at work I picked up some “slow noodle fast” and there was a brochure for a new gym……….. Samsara Women’s Health Club.  I was intrigued and I needed something to read while I was waiting for dinner to be cooked.  As I read I knew I had found it, the place that was going to be perfect for the changes I needed to make.
It is not about the gym work it is about “Your journey towards positive health and wellbeing”. A safe and positive place to make the changes that need to be made. It’s not just about the body it is about the journey and the headspace to make the positive changes. 
I made the call and yesterday I met Belinda and wow what an amazing woman.  Yes I signed up and today in an hour I go for my assessment and then we will work out a program for me. I am so excited that not even the cold Canberra morning can dampen my exuberance.
I really am looking forward to this journey – this is the place I need to be right now.
Not only is it close to home – 4 mins in the car….. operating times are good for me. Meditation classes start next week and also Kinesis classes too.
 Everything happens for a reason.
Thanks Deb (  http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/simplify-eating-habits/ ) for giving me the reminder how important it is to move my body.  
A brand new day is dawning for me.........................

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing - it sounds like a special place - when you have gone for a while I would love to hear about your experiences (maybe during catch up week for this block). You can do it Rita - you deserve to be healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, it really is a great place. It is meant to be... the key factor is movement. Just keep your body moving and you get a challenge to do a certain amount of moves per day - you get a usb that some how records moves and then you plug it into the machines you use at the gym and you can track what you do. It is awesome and the Gym is so great and relaxing, inspiring and the right place for me. Everything seems to be pointing me to Samsara - your challenge, finding the place and a few other signs too..... thanks Deb . xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, that sounds like an amazing place to start on this next part of your journey. And definitely sounds like it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bethmarie, yes it is a great place and I can't wait to go to there tomorrow. Never thought I'd be saying that......

    ReplyDelete