Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday 3 November 2012

Week 44 - Planning for Christmas

Well here we are the 4th of November and Christmas is looming actually it is running full speed at me and what planning have I done………
Not a lot.
Yes I know that is very surprising by now I usually have all my lists made, half if not all of the present sorted and wrapped but this year it has been different.

For those who have been following my blog – I know you have heard this many times. The loss of my sister on the 22 July has really hit me for six.  Her passing has turned my world upside down… I’ve changed so many things, started many new things but most importantly have put myself out in the big wide world and not spent so much time at home making lists and plans…..
Deb’s reminder (http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/simplify-your-life-week-45-holidays-and-traditions/  ) to make some plans has jolted me into action.

It will be a simple Christmas this year as we will be with Dad but I still need to sort some things out. Presents for the great nieces and nephews, organising time together for family and friends, Christmas cards – I want to make and also some of the charity work I want to do.
So today is the day I start planning.

Presents – calls to make and see what is needed, wanted (and not wanted).
Cards – time to design a few cards and see how I go

Invites – first things first – who do I want to catch up with prior to Christmas or should I make it a new year event.
Charity – I am helping out with a fundraiser at work and it has taken a bit of time but it will be good – a 100 kids coming to a Christmas fair. 

Christmas – I have planned this already and it will be simple I am happy with the plans so far and it will be good. I will be with my boys…..
So its off the computer and into action……..

2 comments:

  1. Great plan Rita! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Bec, I am looking forward to a stress free and simple time.

    ReplyDelete