Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday 8 December 2012

Week 49 Freeing up income


My fellow SYLers this has been a tough one for me. Up until recently I was better at this – no that’s not right I still am good at this I just choose to spend my money differently now.

I donate more to charity, I do more with my money and more importantly I spend more on me.

I used to scrimp and save on myself.  I used spend on other things not me but this has changed. I now have so much more on my plate and I know the importance of caring for the carer that I actual spend more on myself.  I deserve better than what I was previously doing.
Let me explain… I was always punishing myself because I thought I wasn’t good enough, because I didn’t love myself but more importantly because I thought I didn’t deserve anything. Since finding Louise Hay’s “Heal your life” and all the work am doing with Togetherness healing I know that I am good enough, that I love myself and I deserve all the abundances the universe has.

Maybe in a month or two I will revisit this one but for now I am happy to keep an eye on my expenditure but to also look after myself.
I don’t over do it but I deserve the good things in life.

This week I travelled to my dad to take him to his eye appointment – he has an injection in his eye every 6 weeks.  It is a tough time and I usually do a day trip – I live in the ACT and he is in Tweed Heads ( 14 hours drive or 2 hours flying time).
This time dad needed extra care as he had a bad reaction……. I had two stay an extra two days.  It was tough emotionally and physically.  Dad was in quite a bit of pain. Whilst I was there for 3 days there was also quite a bit of down time as dad had to rest and he doesn’t rest if I am there but I needed to stay to take him back for treatment.  So what to do…… yes you guessed it I hit the beautician, hairdresser and shops – well I need clothes as I only had two days of clothes.

It was a good little break and I got my hair done for the holidays…….I actually got some really great bargains.
Have a great week everyone.

http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/simplify-your-life-week-50-money-increasing-income-to-meet-goals/

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic post Rita. I love that you have put yourself higher on your priority list. You're so very right, you are good enough and do deserve more than you were getting. Well done xo

    ReplyDelete