Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome,

This is my first blog and I hope to post here every week. I have joined the 52 week challenge and will be sharing my progress and some of my thoughts on looking back to move forward - a journey to weight reduction.
Thanks for joining me on my journey and I hope you enjoy.

Monday 9 January 2012

A little off track

Being nice to each other

Over the past 72 hours I have been a part of something truly amazing, it started with me stumbling across a post on Facebook about Simplifying our lives and then the snowball took hold and I was caught up the most fantastic journey.
What I have found is that the world is truly a good place. Before yesterday I had never read a blog, I knew they were out there but I didn’t go there – I don’t know why but I just didn’t. In 72 hours I have read several posts from a variety of blogs and OMG what a world we live in.  I always knew my life was good that I haven’t had any major issues but you know what it’s like there were a few things that didn’t go to plan or that had upset me and I felt that my world was crashing down on my.  I knew that there were people out there that were doing very tough each and every day. It has blown me away to read about the resilience of people, of the courage, of the sadness, of the amazing stories but what has really touched my heart is the support and friendship I have read about.

 The way people have cared and shared but more importantly listened to and acknowledged each other not to mention the way people have stood by each other no matter what without being judgemental is really fantastic.
Every single post I read I saw people being nice to each other and people looking out for each other. Something that is very close to my heart and something I am always looking for but have rarely found.

Over five years ago my mother passed away and her death has left a huge hole in my life. Yes I know I should be over it by now but well I’m not – I wish I was but  that’s the way it is and each day I miss her more. I trued to fight it and tell myself to just get over it but well it hasn’t worked yet so maybe there is a reason I haven’t let go yet, so instead of fighting it I am going to accept that’s the way I feel.
Mum’s favourite saying was “be nice to each other”. She used it often and always told us that many problems of the world could be solved in people would just be nice to each other. For the first time in a very long time I feel I have found a place where people are nice to each other, they help and support each other. Thanks Deb from Home Life Simplified (http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au) you have opened up a whole new world for me.



                    And on that note I will leave you with my favourite saying:                            

Be nice to each other


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting my feelings into words!!! Your journey so far is very similar to mine! I feel so blessed to have found sooo many caring and "nice" women out there who take the time to write and share and also to read!! And I dont believe you should be over your mums passing!! I dont think we ever get over a death especially a parent, I think we move through it but never get over it!!!! Take it all one day at a time!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    www.pjg2012.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, thank you so much. I agree with you there are so many nice people out there. I really appreciate your kind words about my mum. You know what, since I've 'given permission" to myself not to worry about it. I find myself in a better space. I look forward to our journey on this new adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Rita, I think the word 'nice' is under-rated. Nobody admires the "nice girl' in a movie, she's usually a total dork. Playing 'nice' in the corporate world won't get you a promotion and if someone tells me my food is 'nice' it feel like a flat compliment. Yet being nice, behaving nicely, playing nicely... it is everything I am trying to instill in my kids, Go gently, share openly, speak kindly, use your manners, Be NICE!
    I'm so pleased you have found support and friendliness in the bloggy world. I can honestly say I have never seen a negative comment on my blogs. Love and compassion abounds.. you just have to know where to find it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa. thanks for dropping by. I agree 'nice' is under-rated yet something we all look for. I am loving this blogging world, I've had an insight to some amazing people and have been inspired.
    Shine on in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete